Sunday, January 26, 2014

Day 36 Cumberland River to Dromana 120 kms

Everyone was up early and excited about the ferry ride across to the other side of the bay. The trip is coming close to the end and everyone has mixed feelings. My sadness is continuing to stick to me. I've realised that it is because I had convinced myself that this trip was going to last forever and I will never have to go back to work. I was wrong, I don't like being wrong!
The winds were very good, up their tails most of the day even though the road kept turning. Morning tea at Torquay but most of them missed the stop and I found myself out in the middle of this roundabout directing all these cyclists or yelling as loud as I could at the ones that missed seeing me. Not a very relaxing stop! Then we headed to Queenscliff and booked everyone onto the 2 pm ferry. Some enjoyed the hour trip across the bay, some slept their way across and others tried to not think about their sea sickness.
Jerry turned up at the ferry in Sorrento so that he could ride in with the group tomorrow morning.Cycle X shouted everyone a bed in cabins in Dromana for our final night. Melanie turned up on her motor bike so that she could lead everyone in tomorrow. We had a nice dinner which looked a bit like the Last Supper down at the local hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment